12/26/2005(Mon) No.1 - Ginnie Springs[Florida]

Diver : Michael Clay
Dive Master :
Buddy : Joe Tegg
D.Service :
Weather : Overcast
Temp. : 53 Fahrenheit
Ave.w.temp : 72 Fahrenheit
Min.w.temp : 72 Fahrenheit
Diving Suit : Dry Suit
Inner Wear : Polartec
Weight : 0 Lbs
Tank Material : Steel
Equipment : Cave Gear
S.I.Time : 00:00:00
Time In : 11:40:00
Time Out : 13:50:00
Dive Time : 02:10:00
Ave.Depth : 80 ft
Max.Depth : 98 ft
Safety Stop.Depth : 20 ft
Safety Stop.Time : 10 min
Tank Capacity : 216 Cu/Ft
Pres. In : 3800 PSI
Pres. Out. : 2000 PSI
Air Consum. : 4.02 Lbs/Min
Visibility H. : 100 ft
Visibility V. : 100 ft
Access1 : Shore
Access2 : Spring
Rating : *****
Dive Number : 148
Total Time : 114:51

Well... about an hour into this 2.5 hour trip, I realized that I forgot my dive computer and my watch (thus, no graph). Joe said it wasn't a problem, I could use his computer and he would use his bottom timer. Way to start out the trip!

The river water was high and the entrance to Devil's Ear was covered with tanic water so they had the river entrance blocked off with a big tarp. We entered into Devil's Eye and made a visual jump to the main line in the Ear.

I made two personal records this dive; 1) The deepest penetration @ ~1900ft. 2) My longest dive yet @ 2:10. I got lots of rest before this dive and felt real comfortable. We staged on the way in dropping the stage off at the "Hill 400" entrance. Went up past "The Bats". The cave started getting a little small with a clay bottom so Joe turned us around. We came back to the last cross-over we had passed and jumped over to the main line. As we came up to "Maple Leaf" things started looking familiar to me. We got back to the "Hill 400" entrance, I grabbed my spool and stage and we headed out.

Ran into another traffic jam in the Eye, doing deco. It wasn't too bad though since Joe was running Trimix and needed the extra, deeper stop anyway.

This was an awesome dive for me! I felt a great sense of accomplishment and was glad that I didn't ruin the dive for Joe.