8/26/2006(Sat) No.2 - Ginnie Springs[Florida]

Diver : Michael Clay
Dive Master :
Buddy : Billy Fowler
D.Service :
Weather : Part. Sunny
Temp. : 100 Fahrenheit
Ave.w.temp : 70 Fahrenheit
Min.w.temp : 70 Fahrenheit
Diving Suit : Dry Suit
Inner Wear : Polartec
Weight : 0 Lbs
Tank Material : Steel
Equipment : Camera
S.I.Time : 03:38:00
Time In : 16:23:15
Time Out : 18:10:04
Dive Time : 01:46:35
Ave.Depth : 66 ft
Max.Depth : 99 ft
Safety Stop.Depth : ft
Safety Stop.Time : min
Tank Capacity : 261 Cu/Ft
Pres. In : 3200 PSI
Pres. Out. : 1500 PSI
Air Consum. : .74 CuFt/Min
Visibility H. : 80 ft
Visibility V. : 80 ft
Access1 : Shore
Access2 : Spring
Rating : ****
Dive Number : 198
Total Time : 169:18

This was another real fun dive. This time Billy tried to drag me through "The Lips". It didn't work too well. I'd bounce my tanks off the top, push myself down, hit the scooter's jet stream and bounce my tanks off the rocks again repeatedly until I finally reach up, unclipped myself and pushed Billy through without me. I met up with him again at Park Bench. This time we went up Hill 400, past the Bats and through the "Hilliar Tunnel" out to the "Double Domes" line and up to "Double Domes" then back out to the main line. We detoured again at "Maple Leaf" and headed down to the "Wonder Tunnel" where we dropped scooter and stages and headed in. I was going to stop at "The Pit" and Billy was going to side-mount in. As he went over the hill, he called back to me and I followed him to the end of the line. It got a little tight but not enough for me to scrape. I took a couple of pictures to prove we'd been there and we headed back out. :-)

On the way out, we went through the "Keyhole Bypass". As we turned toward the main line, Billy's main light went out. He switched to backup and we continued out. We jumped off the main line and headed out "Devil's Eye". As we stopped for deco at 20 ft, Billy couldn't get his computer to switch gasses. He flipped it off. I went over, picked up a good sized rock and handed it to him. He made a motion like he was going to smash the computer with the rock and we both laughed. (I wasn't sure if he was really going to do it or not for a minute there.) :-) After deco was over, we headed out. Billy vowed to get rid of his Nitek HE and purchase a VR3.


Wonder Tunnel Billy in WT WT End of Line
Wonder Tunnel Billy in WT WT End of Line