06/26/2009(Fri) No.2 - Ginnie Springs[Florida]

Diver : Michael Clay
Dive Master :
Buddy : Billy Fowler
D.Service :
Weather : Rainy
Temp. : 89 Fahrenheit
Ave.w.temp : 70 Fahrenheit
Min.w.temp : 70 Fahrenheit
Diving Suit : Dry Suit
Inner Wear : Polartec
Weight : 0 Lbs
Tank Material : Steel 85's
Equipment : Cave Gear
S.I.Time : 00:45:00
Time In : 13:33:49
Time Out : 15:01:47
Dive Time : 01:26:45
Ave.Depth : 52 ft
Max.Depth : 97 ft
Safety Stop.Depth : ft
Safety Stop.Time : min
Tank Capacity : 170 Cu/Ft
Pres. In : 2300 PSI
Pres. Out. : 800 PSI
Air Consum. : PSI
Visibility H. : 60 ft
Visibility V. : 60 ft
Access1 : Shore
Access2 : Spring
Rating : ***
Dive Number : 333
Total Time : 276:34
Dive Type : Cave Dive

Billy got his breather fixed. We decided to go up Hill 400 until I hit thirds (obviously Billy would not have this same issue on his rebreather). We got about 1200 ft in and I was getting close to thirds. Plus, I knew I would have some deco to deal with, so I turned the dive. We got back as far as the Keyhole and Billy signalled me that he was going to cruise around for about 30 minutes more while I did my deco. I signalled OK and continued back alone. As I got back to the Breakdown room, I strayed off the main line to check out a cove (and waste a little time for Billy to catch up). I headed back to the line, but it was nowhere to be found. I took a deep breath and coasted to see which way the current would take me. As I got my bearings with the current, I saw the line along the ground. Phew! I followed it to the Devil's Eye off-shoot where I checked my computer and started my deco schedule. I completed my deco and hung out for a few more minutes, watching for Billy's light to come up the passage. I didn't see him and was getting a little chilled after a while so decided to exit without him. I got out, broke my gear down and got back into the water to cool down. Played around for a bit then took my suit off and picked up the rest of my gear. Then, 45 min later, Billy finally surfaced. I didn't mind the wait, just glad to see that he was OK.