06/27/2009(Sat) No.1 - Little River[Florida]

Diver : Michael Clay
Dive Master :
Buddy : Billy Fowler
D.Service :
Weather : Sunny
Temp. : 93 Fahrenheit
Ave.w.temp : 68 Fahrenheit
Min.w.temp : 68 Fahrenheit
Diving Suit : Dry Suit
Inner Wear : Polartec
Weight : 0 Lbs
Tank Material : Steel 85's
Equipment : Cave Gear
S.I.Time : 19:39:00
Time In : 10:41:08
Time Out : 12:35:56
Dive Time : 01:54:50
Ave.Depth : 58 ft
Max.Depth : 107 ft
Safety Stop.Depth : ft
Safety Stop.Time : min
Tank Capacity : Cu/Ft
Pres. In : 3100 PSI
Pres. Out. : 1700 PSI
Air Consum. : PSI
Visibility H. : 20 ft
Visibility V. : 20 ft
Access1 : Shore
Access2 : Spring
Rating : ***
Dive Number : 334
Total Time : 278:29
Dive Type : Cave Dive

I had a headache, but I was there to cave dive! We decided to just go up the main line until I hit thirds. Again, I was using Billy's air tanks. We got almost through the Carosel. My legs were hurting since the flow was up and it has been so long since I cave dived, that my muscles were sore from yesterday. Plus, the headache didn't help. I signalled to Billy that I was ready to turn. He said that we were almost to the back side of the Carosel. I signalled OK and proceeded. We got to the back of the Carosel and I decided to continue on. We pushed back through the Florida room. As I came up on thirds, I signalled to Billy that it was time to turn. As we turned the dive, I noticed a lot of particulate in the water. I turned back to Billy and signalled to wait for the particulate to pass. We hung out for a minute or so and it never cleared up. I realized that it wasn't us that had stirred the bottom up, but it was just the cave that day. At the base of the chimney, Billy signalled me and pointed out a dead sturgen. At first, I thought it was an aligator since it was so big (probably about 5 ft). We continued on our exit until my deco stops began.

Since I was doing a long dive at 100 ft on air, I had a lot of deco. As we got to my 30 ft stop, Billy asked me what my TTS (time to surface) was. When I told him 41 min, he said, "screw that!" and signalled that he was going to exit. I pointed to my O2 tank, indicating that my TTS would drop once I switched over to O2, but I didn't expect him to wait for me if he was done with his deco. I switched to my O2 at 20 ft, but still had about 20 min left. A few minutes later, Billy showed up in his 46's asking me for the key to my truck. :-P I finished my deco and exited. Billy and Shirley made fun of the fact that I didn't want to get out of the water. I blamed it on Billy's air tanks. It would have been a lot shorter if I had used my tanks with 32%. :-)