10/17/2009(Sat) No.1 - Little River[Florida]

Diver : Michael Clay
Dive Master :
Buddy : David Couch
D.Service :
Weather : Partly Coudy
Temp. : 48 Fahrenheit
Ave.w.temp : 69 Fahrenheit
Min.w.temp : 69 Fahrenheit
Diving Suit : Dry Suit
Inner Wear : Polartec
Weight : 0 Lbs
Tank Material : Steel 85's
Equipment : Camera
S.I.Time : 22:01:00
Time In : 10:23:40
Time Out : 11:04:28
Dive Time : 00:40:50
Ave.Depth : 39 ft
Max.Depth : 90 ft
Safety Stop.Depth : ft
Safety Stop.Time : min
Tank Capacity : 225 Cu/Ft
Pres. In : 3500 PSI
Pres. Out. : 3000 PSI
Air Consum. : .66 PSI
Visibility H. : 60 ft
Visibility V. : 60 ft
Access1 : Shore
Access2 : Spring
Rating : ***
Dive Number : 353
Total Time : 289:45
Dive Type : Cave

Dave and talked about several places we could make our last dive of the weekend. We finally decided on Little River since it was convenient, a nice dive site and FREE! :-)

We were the only ones at Little River so far this morning! Of course, this was the coldest morning yet of this fall. I gave Dave my Polartec jacket and put on my dry suit jumpsuit. We geared up and hopped in the water. Dave dropped under the water as I was putting on my fins. As I finished, I looked up and saw what looked like Billy walking away from the stairs. I yelled, "Billy?". He turned around surprised and said, "Hey, who is that?". I said, "Dude!". Anyway, he was surprised to see me. We spoke for a few minutes. Dave finally poked his head back out of the water and I introduced them.

Dave and I started our descent. He said he did not want to run a reel because he wanted to be able to have fun on this dive :-) and work on his buoyancy. We slowly worked our way into the cavern. We got down to the sign and Dave turned around to see what we were doing. I signaled that he could continue. He swam into the high-flow channel there and swam in place for a minute or so. I knew he wouldn't make it through so I just sat there and laughed. He finally turned around to me and and signaled that he couldn't swim through. I told him to watch me and follow. I tucked down to the bottom right and swam through. Dave was right behind me. I took him to the top of the chimney and showed it to him. We hovered over the top for a couple minutes, shining the lights down in. I told him to hold while I dropped down in. I shot to the bottom and turned around and shined my light back up and around, so he could get a better look.

After I came back up, we looked around the top of the chimney a little more, then I signaled that we would turn and exit. Dave started through the channel, then stopped and looked around to be sure he was following the line. At first, he couldn't see it, then he caught a glimpse of it on the ceiling. He continued on to the other side of the channel.

We slowly worked our way up the cavern, checking out every nook and cranny along the way. We watched another dive team come through. As we started our exit, I noticed that our dive time was 39 minutes. I hung out and watched my watch until we got to and even 40 minutes, then we exited. Another nice dive!