2/26/2010(Fri) No.1 - Jackson Blue[Florida]

Diver : Michael Clay
Dive Master :
Buddy : Billy, Joe
D.Service :
Weather : Sunny
Temp. : 55 Fahrenheit
Ave.w.temp : 67 Fahrenheit
Min.w.temp : 67 Fahrenheit
Diving Suit : Dry Suit
Inner Wear : Polartec
Weight : 0 Lbs
Tank Material : Steel 85's
Equipment : Cave Gear
S.I.Time : 00:00:00
Time In : 17:25:57
Time Out : 18:21:22
Dive Time : 00:53:20
Ave.Depth : 67 ft
Max.Depth : 94 ft
Safety Stop.Depth : ft
Safety Stop.Time : min
Tank Capacity : 232 Cu/Ft
Pres. In : 3600 PSI
Pres. Out. : 2400 PSI
Air Consum. : .72 PSI
Visibility H. : 80 ft
Visibility V. : 80 ft
Access1 : Shore
Access2 : Spring
Rating : ***
Dive Number : 355
Total Time : 291:14
Dive Type : Cave Dive

This had all the makings of a really cool dive! Unfortunately, I woke up today with a headache. When I wake up with a headache, it usually turns into a migraine and today was no exception! Billy had to get his rebreather put together and was also planning on testing an experimental battery pack he designed for his scooter. We spent 5 hours preparing for this dive before getting in the water which included a break to eat a Firehouse Sub for lunch. That gave my migraine plenty of time to mature!

Everything looked good with Billy's scooter and we were ready to start the dive just about the time my headache was making me sick to my stomach. We hopped behind the scooters and took off into the cave. I couldn't see straight but, from what I could see, the cave looked beautiful! White limestone, air clear water and lots of flow! I didn't feel like leading the team so I stopped and motioned for Joe to take lead. Billy followed me. We got back past a line-split, about 1,000, feet to another line split. I figured this was a circuit. I looked up at Joe and saw him stopped, working his way through a restriction. Not feeling up to a tough dive and not feeling comfortable at all, I signalled to Billy that I was ready to turn and head back. He signaled that this was a circuit and we were heading back so I shut up and followed Joe. We worked our way back to the front of the cave, then took our time and played around on our way out.

I was trying my thicker inner suit (for my dry suit) for the first time today. Between that, my lighter tanks (now that they were lower on air) and my headache, I could not maintain my buoyancy and was ready to just get back to the surface. Once we all got near the exit, I headed straight out.

On the surface, I proceded to gear down. I was really feeling sick now! Billy and Joe were kind enough to take all the gear and put it back in Billy's van. Billy kept yelling at me every time I tried to carry something. It's really nice to have friends that care! :-)

After the dive we went to a buffet Billy had been talking about for dinner. It wasn't as good as Billy remembered it, but it was still all-you-can-eat! Since it was my birthday, Billy paid. Sweet!! I just wish I was feeling well enough to enjoy it more! Regardless, it was a good day!