2/27/2010(Sat) No.1 - Twin Caves[Florida]

Diver : Michael Clay
Dive Master :
Buddy : Billy, Joe
D.Service :
Weather : Cloudy
Temp. : 55 Fahrenheit
Ave.w.temp : 65 Fahrenheit
Min.w.temp : 65 Fahrenheit
Diving Suit : Dry Suit
Inner Wear : Polartec
Weight : 0 Lbs
Tank Material : Steel 85's
Equipment : Cave Gear
S.I.Time : 18:12:00
Time In : 12:33:36
Time Out : 13:51:15
Dive Time : 01:14:40
Ave.Depth : 44 ft
Max.Depth : 100 ft
Safety Stop.Depth : ft
Safety Stop.Time : min
Tank Capacity : 232 Cu/Ft
Pres. In : 3600 PSI
Pres. Out. : 2500 PSI
Air Consum. : .72 PSI
Visibility H. : 20 ft
Visibility V. : 20 ft
Access1 : Shore
Access2 : Spring
Rating : ***
Dive Number : 356
Total Time : 292:29
Dive Type : Cave Dive

We got up on this freezing morning and headed to the dive shop. After gassing up, the took our gear down to the lake and put us on a boat. We took the boat out to a platform on the other side of the lake and moored up on a small platform built by divers, for divers. It was cold, overcast and windy, but we geared up and headed in. On the way to the cave, Joe lost buoyancy and plowed into the silty bottom a few yards before we got to the cave entrance. As he came up, dirt and silt was billowing off him. I couldn't help but to laugh!

We got to the cave entrance. I was running the reel. I tied off to the log over the entrance and started in. Joe flashed me. When I looked back, he was pointing to the main line about 3 feet into the cave. :-P I turned and tied off, then signalled to Joe to lead. We headed in what seemed to be a never ending, never changing tunnel. We dropped down a chute and continued in a tunnel that looked exactly the same as the first. I was trying to get into the dive, but felt like I was just kicking and kicking and seeing nothing new. We got about 1,500 feet back and I signaled to Joe that I was ready to turn. Joe obliged and we headed back.

We were now followin Billy toward the exit. We got back up the chute and Billy asked me if I wanted to continue toward the exit or follow the line up another tunnel at the top of the chute. I told him that I was fine continuing up the line. I followed him for a few hundred feet and noticed that Joe was not following us. I signaled Billy and showed him that we were missing Joe. We turned the dive and headed back. We found Joe waiting at the top of the chute. He asked me what was going on. I signaled that Billy wanted to follow this tunnel so I followed him. By this time though, it was time to exit anyway. We headed toward the exit. A few minutes before we got there, I went into deco. We took our time and by the time we finished goofing around, I was out of deco and we exited.

Nice dive, but now we were back in the freezing, overcast weather.