02/04/2011(Fri) No.1 - Little River[Florida]

Diver : Michael Clay
Dive Master :
Buddy : Billy Fowler
D.Service :
Weather : Cloudy
Temp. : 58 Fahrenheit
Ave.w.temp : 69 Fahrenheit
Min.w.temp : 69 Fahrenheit
Diving Suit : Dry Suit
Inner Wear : Polartec
Weight : 0 Lbs
Tank Material : Steel 85's
Equipment : Cave Gear
S.I.Time : 00:00:00
Time In : 13:02:22
Time Out : 15:22:54
Dive Time : 02:20:35
Ave.Depth : 58 ft
Max.Depth : 100 ft
Safety Stop.Depth : ft
Safety Stop.Time : min
Tank Capacity : 219 Cu/Ft
Pres. In : 3400 PSI
Pres. Out. : 1300 PSI
Air Consum. : .60 Cu/Ft/Min
Visibility H. : 60 ft
Visibility V. : 60 ft
Access1 : Shore
Access2 : Spring
Rating : ****
Dive Number : 384
Total Time : 316:25
Dive Type : Cave Dive

Joe was supposed to be on this dive with us, but he called while we were on our way and said that he was sick as was going to bail out. Billy and I met Anthony at the spring. The plan was to go in and take pictures. We did exactly that. I was using my new mask for the first time. I defogged it before going in, but that didn't seem to help. It was fogged up the entire dive and I couldn't see anything!

We got down the chimney and I grabbed Billy's strobe that I was carrying and attempted to turn it on. Since I couldn't see it, this proved difficult. I finally ended up handing it to Billy to turn on.

We worked our way through the cave, taking pictures as we went. It seemed like I was kicking a couple times, then stopping for pictures, then kicking a couple more, then stopping. Later Billy said that I was going too fast. :-P We made it around the Merry-Go-Round and headed to the Florida Room. Since I couldn't see well, I got tired of messing with the strobe and clipped it back on my D-Link.

We made it past the Florida Room to the restriction on the other end. I checked my guages - which of course entailed flooding my mask so I could see through it - and saw that I was nearing thirds. I checked my computer and realized that we had been going in almost an hour and I was already in deco. I signaled to turn the dive and we started heading back, taking more pictures along the way.

As we made it back through the Merry-Go-Round and were along side the Mud Tunnel, I looked at my computer again and noticed that TTS (time to surface) said 45 min. At that point, I didn't bother waiting for Billy and Anthony or to take more pictures and started working my way toward the exit.

My first stop was at 40 feet for a couple minutes. As I moved to my 30 foot stop, Billy and Anthony caught up. Anthony passed me but Billy stopped at 40 feet. I heard him say WTF as he realized that he had a stop and we had been down for almost two hours. At my 20 foot stop, Billy finished his deco and came back to me to see what I had left. I still had about 25 minutes, so he waved goodbye and exited. I hung out (in the cold) until my deco was over, wishing I had a rebreather. :-P This turned out to be a 2hr 20min dive! I think that's my longest...