02/05/2011(Sat) No.2 - Peacock Springs[Florida]

Diver : Michael Clay
Dive Master :
Buddy : Billy Fowler
D.Service :
Weather : Cloudy
Temp. : 65 Fahrenheit
Ave.w.temp : 69 Fahrenheit
Min.w.temp : 69 Fahrenheit
Diving Suit : Dry Suit
Inner Wear : Polartec
Weight : 0 Lbs
Tank Material : Steel 85's
Equipment : Cave Gear
S.I.Time : 22:16:00
Time In : 13:39:11
Time Out : 14:51:50
Dive Time : 01:12:40
Ave.Depth : 25 ft
Max.Depth : 37 ft
Safety Stop.Depth : ft
Safety Stop.Time : min
Tank Capacity : 129 Cu/Ft
Pres. In : 2000 PSI
Pres. Out. : 1500 PSI
Air Consum. : .58 Cu/Ft/Min
Visibility H. : 40 ft
Visibility V. : 40 ft
Access1 : Shore
Access2 : Spring
Rating : ****
Dive Number : 386
Total Time : 318:58
Dive Type : Cave Dive

During our surface interval, I ran back up to the van and grabbed my watch. This time, I couldn't get my dry suit inflator to stop (or even slow) leaking, so I ended up disconnecting the hose, right from the start this time. I also saw Forrest's heat-shrink right under the stairs, so I grabbed it and put it in my dry suit pocket.

We headed in and set up strobes in the cavern this time. Took several pictures, then moved into the Peanut breakdown room and set up strobes there. After that, we worked our way into the Peanut tunnel (the smaller rock part). We got lots of photos along the way. Got some real cool ones here too!

I noticed that my right tank was slowly losing pressure, while I was breathing from my left tank. :-/ I checked for bubbles, but couldn't see any. Forgetting that I had left the hose disconnected, I figured that it had to be the dry suit inflator. Despite the fact that I was only breathing off my left regulator, both tanks seemed to be losing pressure evenly along the way.

As we worked our way through the Peanut tunnel toward the opening at 15 feet (that drops to about 60 feet), I tried to check my guages. Billy had had me turn off my primary light and use one of the strobes. This worked well for the pictures, but I couldn't see my guages. I signaled to Billy to shine his light at me so I could see my guages. As I was holding up my guages to the light, Billy thought that I was showing him that I was low on air. Somehow he saw 1000 PSI and 500 PSI, so he said, "let's go!".

As I started back down the tunnel, I decided to check my right tank valve. As I turned it, I heard the pressure charge the line and the guage popped up above 2000 PSI! I had forgotten that I had turned it back off while messing with the leaky inflator! Doh!!

Anyway... we took our time coming out, snapping more photos along the way. We decided to make a safety stop before leaving the cavern. Once that was over, Billy signaled to exit. I signaled back "2 more minutes". I noticed that we were at 78 minutes. I wanted an even 80 minute dive. :-P

After those 2 more minutes, we exited. I was pretty cold from the leak and since it was cold outside, I was really looking forward to getting my gear off and putting on some dry clothes!